Condor Summit Soft Shell Jacket

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Condor Summit Soft Shell Jacket

Post  PSCCanada on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:49 pm

To My Fellow Whores: (Introduction)

Let me first off start with saying this is my VERY FIRST REVIEW and I normally wouldn't be wearing a Condor Apparel as I am a huge fan of 5.11 Tactical and blew my jacket out today. With multiple stops of Firearm Shops looking for the 5.11 Sabre Jacket (Non In my Size Sad) I finally went to a Air soft Supplier here in town and picked myself up a Condor Jacket.

First impressions of this jacket were that it was a knockoff of my previous Sabre jacket. The quality seemed of good sort and is fleece lined throughout. At a chilly -9 Degrees Celius today I was hoping this jacket would work.

Now for the actual review: (Review)
The overall look of the jacket it low profile but still gives off the LEO/Military look simply for the fact of the velcro on both the left and right sleeve's. Which is a very decent size of velcro simply for the fact that I can attach my Company Patches and/or a Canada Flag with my Rock out with your cock out morale patch.

Today reaching a chilly Minus 9 Degrees Celious within the city here this jacket kept me plenty warm. Please bear in mind that I was also wearing 3A Body Armor underneath it. During Patrols instead of being overly cold (which I thought I would be) instead I was overly warm at times sweating way to much.

This jacket is COMPLETELY waterproof/windproof. For something as thin as this jacket you would not expect it to be this warm. The only downside I found to this jacket was that the hood that it comes with is not of the greatest quality.

Some of the nice features that this jacket does come with is the 10 Pockets (That I have counted so far) that it comes with. The majority of the pockets do come with a Mic/Comms pass through which makes it great if you are doing PC(Plain Clothes Work) and/or Training/IPOD. The 2 Front Pockets that it comes with are of decent quality. The only problem that I have so far is that they are extremely large and although they have organization pockets within the pocket I find that they are just a little to big. The rear of the jacket has a duel side opening pocket that you could put either a High Vis Vest and/or a ticket book (which I do) and access from whichever side you need.
The Internal pockets (4) are exceptionally placed with 2 Zippered pockets and 2 open toped ones with the Mic Pass-through.

Zipper Quality:
At this point in time they do not to be of "High Quality" just from the simple use that I have had with them they only appear to be of decent quality and it will be a matter of time till the jackets zippers break.

I appologize that this review is sorta short however PLEASE mention any points I should bring up and I will edit this so future reviews will be better.

Thanks
PSCCanada

PSCCanada

Back to top Go down

Re: Condor Summit Soft Shell Jacket

Post  refmondry on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:09 pm

good review. but wtf is Celsius? SPEAK AMERICAN! Razz

refmondry

Back to top Go down

Post  PSCCanada on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 pm

refmondry wrote:good review. but wtf is Celsius? SPEAK AMERICAN! Razz

Eh !!! I am a Canadian Ehh ... Lol .. Speak English Eh !!! Very Happy
Any tips other than the speaking one Wink

PSCCanada

Back to top Go down

Post  refmondry on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:12 am

lol its alright I'm from WisCANsin ya hey. I have a friend who said his Condor soft shell got caught on a branch and the whole thing ripped. I've also heard of that happening from other places, but I dont remember where I heard that. Does it seem too thin?

refmondry

Back to top Go down

Post  PSCCanada on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 am

refmondry wrote:lol its alright I'm from WisCANsin ya hey. I have a friend who said his Condor soft shell got caught on a branch and the whole thing ripped. I've also heard of that happening from other places, but I dont remember where I heard that. Does it seem too thin?

Please note this is a first impressions review and I will put up another one after some actual "incidents" but when I first got it it kinda has the same feel as the Sabre (5.11) jacket. Both of which appear VERY thin but I have not had any rips on it YET.
Also others have mentioned that they aren't YKK zippers however I can void that argument as I looked at my zippers and they are YKK.

PSCCanada

Back to top Go down

Post  Gear Whores Anonymous on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Pics to go with the write-up would make it 100x better. I like the detailed descriptions but would like to see pics as well. Let's see more!

Gear Whores Anonymous
Admin

http://gearwhoresanonymous.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PSCCanada on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:34 pm

Gear Whores Anonymous wrote:Pics to go with the write-up would make it 100x better. I like the detailed descriptions but would like to see pics as well. Let's see more!

.... How do you upload pics Smile ..
I took them just couldnt figure it out when I was doing it

PSCCanada

Back to top Go down

1 Month Review

Post  PSCCanada on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Alright my fellow whores,

Its been about a month and a half of using the Condor Summit Soft Shell and this is going to be a review of what i have experienced and such.

Fabric and Stitching:
Very Happy The overall stitching of this jacket is done very highly. If you go inside the jacket, (opening it up)as most manufactors will slack on the inside simply for that fact that most people dont look at the inside of the jacket to see the quality of the stitching. Well here if you open it up it is all done up very well. Personally speaking I couldnt find any problems with my stitching.
Smile The Fabric is also *ALMOST excellent for the object of this jacket. And what I mean by that is that it is relatively decent. The thin fleece lining gives you the little bit of heat that you may need in cooler envirments. However the fleece isnt so think that it will kill you well you are wearing body armor.
Very Happy Another positive to the Fabric is that firstly not much sticks to it (example Dog Hair) and that makes it very good simply for the fact that if your going to use it for duty use you wont have your supervisor come down your throat about it.
Sad I mentioned before that this jacket is waterproof. Now I would like to "Edit" that part. The other day I was working my shift and ended up being out of the Vehicle for approx 2 hours in pouring rain and was "impressed" at how much this jacket did repell the water. However after about an hour of steady rain it got to the point of becoming damp and then it started to get wet. So if you are going to be in the rain for just a while this would be perfectly fine.
scratch A downside I found to this is that if you have a beard/no beard when you do the zipper completely up it tends to chaff even though they say it wont. Thats just my expierence others have had no problems with this. However I have.
Very Happy Very Happy Now the biggest thing I like about this fabric is that it is ridiculously silent. Went through a couple training courses lately and my gosh this jacket remained silent. If any of you here are in the law enforcement setting than you would know how important this is.

Pockets
Alright as my first review stated there is alot of pockets. Not only that is that they pockets have exceptional storage capabilities and that is a huge positive. The reason for that is that you can seriously put so much crap in it it isnt even funny. On my small one last night I had a jumbo size bag of candy in there along with other work related gear and nothing really showed.
The only pocket that I found was difficult to use was the two pockets up on your deltoid seemed to be useless. Myself with a BPV on found it was difficult to get into the pockets resulting in me not using them. The forearm pocket on the left side is a perfect place to put Business Cards or something of that similar size.

Final Decision:

Although this is pretty much a Complete ripoff of the Tad one for the Cost(1/3 of the cost of tad) it is amazing. I wear this as a everyday jacket along with a duty jacket. If you go to pick one up in person take a look at it. As it is made oversea's look at the stitching inside it. Make sure theres no color variations but more important make sure everything works.
Myself I have been recommending this over to other guys in my Division simply for the fact it is an exceptional jacket for the cost. All the colors contrast and dont look odd. Yes there is a few things if I could I would change but thats just about like every jacket.
If your looking for something that is "cheap" but well made I would HIGHLY recommend you go check this out.Unfortunately I am probably forgetting something so please if you see something I didn't mention make a note of it on here and I will either fix it or answer any questions you may have.

Thanks
PSCCanada

PSCCanada

Back to top Go down

1 Month Review

Post  PSCCanada on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Alright my fellow whores,

Its been about a month and a half of using the Condor Summit Soft Shell and this is going to be a review of what i have experienced and such.

Fabric and Stitching:
Very Happy The overall stitching of this jacket is done very highly. If you go inside the jacket, (opening it up)as most manufactors will slack on the inside simply for that fact that most people dont look at the inside of the jacket to see the quality of the stitching. Well here if you open it up it is all done up very well. Personally speaking I couldnt find any problems with my stitching.
Smile The Fabric is also *ALMOST excellent for the object of this jacket. And what I mean by that is that it is relatively decent. The thin fleece lining gives you the little bit of heat that you may need in cooler envirments. However the fleece isnt so think that it will kill you well you are wearing body armor.
Very Happy Another positive to the Fabric is that firstly not much sticks to it (example Dog Hair) and that makes it very good simply for the fact that if your going to use it for duty use you wont have your supervisor come down your throat about it.
Sad I mentioned before that this jacket is waterproof. Now I would like to "Edit" that part. The other day I was working my shift and ended up being out of the Vehicle for approx 2 hours in pouring rain and was "impressed" at how much this jacket did repell the water. However after about an hour of steady rain it got to the point of becoming damp and then it started to get wet. So if you are going to be in the rain for just a while this would be perfectly fine.
scratch A downside I found to this is that if you have a beard/no beard when you do the zipper completely up it tends to chaff even though they say it wont. Thats just my expierence others have had no problems with this. However I have.
Very Happy Very Happy Now the biggest thing I like about this fabric is that it is ridiculously silent. Went through a couple training courses lately and my gosh this jacket remained silent. If any of you here are in the law enforcement setting than you would know how important this is.

Pockets
Alright as my first review stated there is alot of pockets. Not only that is that they pockets have exceptional storage capabilities and that is a huge positive. The reason for that is that you can seriously put so much crap in it it isnt even funny. On my small one last night I had a jumbo size bag of candy in there along with other work related gear and nothing really showed.
The only pocket that I found was difficult to use was the two pockets up on your deltoid seemed to be useless. Myself with a BPV on found it was difficult to get into the pockets resulting in me not using them. The forearm pocket on the left side is a perfect place to put Business Cards or something of that similar size.

Final Decision:

Although this is pretty much a Complete ripoff of the Tad one for the Cost(1/3 of the cost of tad) it is amazing. I wear this as a everyday jacket along with a duty jacket. If you go to pick one up in person take a look at it. As it is made oversea's look at the stitching inside it. Make sure theres no color variations but more important make sure everything works.
Myself I have been recommending this over to other guys in my Division simply for the fact it is an exceptional jacket for the cost. All the colors contrast and dont look odd. Yes there is a few things if I could I would change but thats just about like every jacket.
If your looking for something that is "cheap" but well made I would HIGHLY recommend you go check this out.Unfortunately I am probably forgetting something so please if you see something I didn't mention make a note of it on here and I will either fix it or answer any questions you may have.

Thanks
PSCCanada

PSCCanada

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top