Crye G3 Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crye G3 Question

Post  WARLOCH on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:42 am

I have seen a lot of operators with Crye G3 shirt and pants. They look fuckin awesome and I know you can get them on the civi market in tan, green, and multicam. But I have seen them in AOR1 and AOR2 and in Tri Color Desert, M81 Woodland and I have even seen on e in 6 Color Desert! Where the fuck do they get Cryes in these patterns??

WARLOCH

Back to top Go down

Re: Crye G3 Question

Post  Touchette on Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 am

To my knowledge you can custom order DCU and M81-Woodland from Crye. The process appears to be long, it appears to take a group order (I don't know the min.), and you need to wait for DOD approval before Crye will make them. I'm part of a group buy, through some airsoft people, and we've been waiting 3+ months for approval (we're sitting on ~100 people in the group).

Alternatively, if you're willing to buy knock-off, apparently a Chinese company is coming out with some, here, but I don't know anything about the quality besides that it won't be up to Crye standards.

Touchette

Back to top Go down

Post  WARLOCH on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 am

You need DoD approval to have Crye make it in M81 and Tri Color?

WARLOCH

Back to top Go down

Post  Touchette on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 am

That's what the guy running the group order said, that Crye had to wait on federal approval because the woodland pattern is still in use by active military.

Touchette

Back to top Go down

Post  WARLOCH on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 pm

I don't see why Crye would need that in order to acquire a pattern. M81 woodland has been around for almost 30 years now and everybody has license to make it. UCP has been around for what, 5 years and companies make all kinds of shit with that pattern. Now I get how AOR1 and AOR2 are not because it is brand new and still being issued to navy personal. Either way you slice it the whole mystery of these G3s in different patterns is pretty fuckin cryptic huh?

WARLOCH

Back to top Go down

Post  Touchette on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:40 am

It really is, while I wait for that order to go through, I purchased a set of the TPC Raid BDU Trousers in woodland. FedEx says I should get them on the 17th, so I don't know anything about them besides that they can take knee-pad inserts and woodland isn't a special order.

Touchette

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top