Gear Whores Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule

Go down

5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule Empty 5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule

Post  Gear Whores Anonymous Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 am

So many mags and no where to put them. I've found myself sticking them into various pockets, packs, and bags. I've found some decent sized bags that fit the mags but never quite perfect nor lined with something strong enough to keep them safe and secure.

5.11 at Shot Show 2012 unveiled their new "All Hazards Ammo Mule" which is a small bag that hold 10 AR mags perfectly. This bag can also be used in conjunction with their "All Hazards Prime Pack" for a perfect fit. In fact the prime pack can hold 2 of these perfectly.

Product page:
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/New-Items/All-Hazards-Ammo-Mule.html#Product_Description

Outside shot of the bag. The bag includes an over shoulder carry strap and 2 handles. The carry strap is adjustable and removable.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0002copy

Closeup shot of the 5.11 logo. Note the consistent seems and stitching.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0006copy

Side zippers are YKK, probably the best you can buy. Nice large pull tabs complete with rubber 5.11 logo.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0010copy

Closer look at the YKK zipper.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0009copy

Better look at the carry strap. Non-padded. Would be nice to have a quick release buckle system.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0023copy

This shot reveals the 2 way zipper. This is nice because you can access either side of the bag while the other is shut, however, the main con of the bag at least for me is that because of this zipper configuration now you are unable to lock the bag.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0022copy

If this was a traditional zipper I would be able to stick a lock through the 2 tabs.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0021copy

Open look at the inside. Padded inside and the walls are very rigid. This keeps the mags safe and secure. If you have loaded magazines this will also help and keep the rounds seated in the mags.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0019copy

10 AR magazines fit in the bag perfectly without them bouncing around.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0013copy

In standard GWA fashion, the tag. Made in Vietnam.
5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule IMG_0016copy

Some final thoughts on the bag. This is a great storage solution for magazines. Besides just using them as storage for mags you can also fit numerous of other items in the bag. The rigid walls and soft liner will keep your mags safe and secure. This is also a great option to keep in your vehicle for extra mags and ammo. Easy way to quickly deploy extra mags to a teammate. The price makes this affordable and available to anyone. Somethings I would like to see is a way to lock the case. Depending on what you keep in the bag whether loaded mags or other valuables, a way to lock the bag would be nice.

Pros:
-Well priced, MSRP $29.99
-Holds 10 magazines
-Not made in China

Cons:
-Only black?
-No way to lock the bag
-Made in Vietnam

5.11 Tactical All Hazards Ammo Mule Gwaapprovedsmall2
Gear Whores Anonymous
Gear Whores Anonymous
Admin