OVERVIEW: T.A.G. HAVOC Armor Carrier

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OVERVIEW: T.A.G. HAVOC Armor Carrier

Post  Instructor_J on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:47 am

As we all know Tactical Assault Gear is relatively new to the gear scene (Early 2000). They are a San Diego based company, however more recently their products are what I understand sewn by blind people? at LC Industries in Las Vegas, NV. Either case the stitching and accuracy on the pattern is impressive.

First this is replacing a PACA Low Vis carrier. I do feel the PACA is a much lower profile and possibly lighter in weight. The main reasons for this are the use of a poly/cotton twill material reminiscent of traditional concealable body armor. The PACA also lacks plastic buckle/loops and the internal side SAPI pockets.

Also I would like to point out that when I was considering this I was unable to verify whether it had internal HARD ARMOR suspension inside. I called TAG and was informed no it strictly held soft armor only. However I found other reviews that stated other wise. So I called back again and informed them of my findings online and asked if they could verify. They willfully went to the back and a few minutes later informed me that they were incorrect and that it in fact DOES have internal hard armor suspension system. I then made up my mind that this would suite my application very well.

I know the GWA admin will flame me, but I do not like the Eagle Industries LowViz carrier as it is as far from LowViz as you can get IMHO. I know others will disagree, but the shoulder straps are what appear to be 3-4 ply with buckles and lots of velcro.

I was a little skeptical about the lack of rearward adjustment on the back panel of the side straps like you can do with the PACA. As we know elastic always wears out, its a given, and just a matter of time as to when it will wear out. But I figure lifetime warranty, and hopefully they will repair even at a nominal fee my worn out elastic.

-------------------

Here is confirmation that there is a internal hard armor pocket. Also not visible and on the front panel, there is provisions for side SAPIs. I am debating on removing this to reduce extra weight and bulk though I do not notice the bulk or weight currently, but it couldnt hurt.

--------------------

Here is an internal view of both sides of the carrier. As you can see the the front has MOLLE inside so you can attach concealed smoke grenade and dual triple mag pouches (J/K Nut armor optional).

--------------------

Overall I am happy with the carrier, it will serve my purpose very well. Also just so you guys know TAGs tan, khaki, Coyote Tan is really Coyote Brown. More rugged than PACA, not as cool looking as eagle. Hope you guys enjoyed this and may help answer any questions you may have had like me but could not fully confirm.

Instructor_J

Back to top Go down

Re: OVERVIEW: T.A.G. HAVOC Armor Carrier

Post  Gear Whores Anonymous on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Looks nice and no I won't flame you, nice rig

Gear Whores Anonymous
Admin

http://gearwhoresanonymous.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Reverand on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 am

As our dear Admin has pointed out, he will not flame you, nor will anyone else. We may have some friendly banter over stuff, but as I understand, one of the main reasons this forum was set up was so that we could all voice our opinions and share our knowledge, as you have done, so that each Gear Whore that walks this planet can get what they feel is the best piece of kit for themselves, period. Frankly, I thank you for the time you have put into your review and I know it's going to help someone, at some point.

As I've stated, my personal choice is the Blackhawk! LoVis plate carrier, but that's personal opinion... I won't slam anyone who likes what they like. End of file!

Reverand

Back to top Go down

Post  JonMorry333 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Great review . Glad it worked out for you and had what you needed . So what did you put in it ? Plate and panel .

JonMorry333

Back to top Go down

Post  Instructor_J on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:30 pm

Yes sir, 100% aramid kevlar NIJ rated IIIA BALCS cut panels and a pair of point blank triple curve IV ICW plates. No side sapi installed in the pockets or planned at this point in time.

I really wanted to write this because it was so hard for me to just confirm a simple question I had. J

*** edit ***

Oh and BTW thanks for the positive feedback =D

Instructor_J

Back to top Go down

Post  JonMorry333 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Instructor_J wrote:

I really wanted to write this because it was so hard for me to just confirm a simple question I had. J

You would think they would tell you that in the description . I guess some companies need a little gear whore working in there some where . At least to write the descriptions for them . Smile That would be the perfect job Very Happy cheers

JonMorry333

Back to top Go down

Post  Instructor_J on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Love to do that! bounce

Unless I am blind

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/havocarmorcarrier.aspx#prod-features

I can not find the info I needed in their description. The customer service rep told me that they did see that it said it held plates in the description also...........

Instructor_J

Back to top Go down

Post  JonMorry333 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Yeah that's a bad description . It only mentions soft armor and SPEAR/BALCS . Looked and seen spear is a cut for a plate but they need to make that a little clearer .

JonMorry333

Back to top Go down

Post  Mother Fucken Blackbeard on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:37 am

This be a great review. I was thinking about getting a Blackhawk or Eagle, but this seems to be just as good if not better.

Mother Fucken Blackbeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Instructor_J on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 am

Glad you enjoyed. I am not familiar with the blackhawk version. Do you have a link so I can check it out online? I am going to be upset if its better and cheaper lol. I got the TAG at optics planet for 89.99 and added something else I needed to meet the minimum order for free shipping. It was great. Received the carrier in 2 or 3 days since it was drop shipped from LCI in Las Vegas.

Instructor_J

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top