Gear Whores Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt)

Go down

OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Empty OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt)

Post  Gear Whores Anonymous Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 am

With virtually every uniform company making combat apparel I began to branch out from the norm and find something new. Ur-Tactical came recommended by some of my followers so I figured I'd give them a try. Yeah the name is cheesy but let's not judge the book by its cover.

I've never seen a combat shirt with a full zip so naturally it caught my eye. So I decided to pickup a set of their combat uniform.

Notable features:
-Full zip
-Fitted
-Available in A-TACS FG, Multicam, Desert Marpat, OD, Tan, A-TACS AU, Woodland Marpat and AOR2
-Elbow pads included
-$85

Product link:
http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/category/virtuemart_category_id/120

The OPS shirt is aggressively cut for an exceptional fit. It's athletic cut much like performance wear. Notice the tight curves
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8842copy_zps3f70561b

I will admit I did find myself zipping the shirt down a bit more than 1/4 way like tradiotional shirts. Nice way to cool down but I'm not sure if a full zip is really necessary
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8849copy_zps9fb73f9f

The outer materials are pretty tough and they've reinforced the elbows with 500D which is nice. The front layer pictured below is suffering a bit from plucking. Mainly getting caught on Velcro from my vest. Keep in mind though that this problem is not unique to this company. The thinner / cooler you get with soft materials you will sacrifice some durability. You want comfort and weight reduction you'll pay for it in durability
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8843copy_zps1aaed872

I'm always worried about brands I haven't tried since the fit can always be a shot in the dark. This shirt fits PERFECT. It's like they took the American athletic standard and used it in their uniforms
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8852copy_zps4599866d

The large Velcro field was a bit large and did cause the shirt to bulk out ever so slightly, easy fix
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8858copy_zpsdcbe91b2

Authentic Multicam label, no knockoff materials here
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8863copy_zps4493f851

500D reinforced elbows
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8855copy_zpsb78ec4ed

I do find it odd however how the thread they used was off color (small detail here)
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8847copy_zps504a1f3b

Forearm pocket
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8864copy_zpsf5da55ef

Elbow pads, included, no extra charge (I like it)
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8856copy_zps7a20876f

OPS label with washing instructions (that nobody reads)
OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Th_IMG_8867copy_zps83b21359

Beyond just being another combat shirt the OPS uniforms fit fantastic. Normally there it's either too tight, too lose or worse yet the sleeves are short. I was blown away by the fit of this shirt (and pants). Also be sure to checkout their other line of shirts (traditional quarter-zip).

Pros:
-Fit
-Color availability
-Elbow pads included
-Reinforced elbows
-Full zip (depends on personal preference)

Cons:
-Imported
-Cloth shirt material may be an issue down the line

OPS Improved Direct Action Shirt (combat shirt) Gwaapprovedsmall2
Gear Whores Anonymous
Gear Whores Anonymous
Admin

https://gearwhoresanonymous.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down