Honor Point ZOT Range Bag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honor Point ZOT Range Bag

Post  Gear Whores Anonymous on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:44 pm

So you got a gun then you bought some mags, then ammo, then accessories but how do you carry it all? Sure you can toss it in a duffel and have everything banging around OR you can get yourself a nice range bag. Hell you just invested how much on that firearm and accessories?

You may not have heard of Honor Point but they've been around, mainly doing OEM and Government work. Just recently they've been focusing more and more on the retail market.

If you follow them you'll be hearing the term ZOT and if you're wondering what it is it's basically their way of doing removable pouches. "Zip off technology" makes it so you can remove pouches and install them back on quickly. You'll see them incorporate it more and more on their designs.

I've been looking for a versatile range / duffel bag but I wanted compartments where I can both keep my items organized and protected. I just happened to stumble upon Honor Point so I gave it a shot.

Notable features:
-500D Cordura
-Made in USA with US materials
-4 large side pockets (removable)
-Large interior compartment with modular divider
-Available in Black, Multicam, Kryptek Typhon, Kryptek Mandrake, Tan and Coyote Brown
-$243.80

Product link:
http://shop.honorpointusa.com/collections/bags/products/range-bag

The ZOT range bag in Kryptek Typhon flavor. Initial impression? This thing is NICE

Definitely not your ordinary cheap gym bag. This thing looks and feels expensive. It's just one of those feelings you get where you know you have something nice

You get 4 outer pockets total, one on each side

Backside interior of the pocket is soft lined

With their ZOT technology you can unzip the pouch if not needed "slim it down"

The end pockets also have a small zip compartment. Great for small tools and accessories

And of course via ZOT, it's removable! Also makes a handy tool pouch when by itself

On one of the sides the pocket is a bit more deluxe. When unzipped you get a roll out mat. Great as a rest or cleaning mat. Completely lined with anti-skid material

Top of the pockets notice the D-rings, you can use it for the shoulder strap or additional attachment points

Notice the carry handles

Shot of the bag with all the exterior pockets removed via ZOT

Even the shoulder straps are nice. Camo on top and anti-skid on the bottom. Also notice the ergonomic curve. Hell they could've just give you a webbing strap and adjuster but they went all out with the padded straps (I'm a sucker for small details)

Top Velcro field for nametape or other identifier

Honor Point label, Made in USA with American materials LOVE IT

Main compartment lid has a zip compartment. Ideal for mags, staple gun, etc.

Inside of the main compartment there are Velcro dividers. Keep you gear neat and organized

Bottom of the bag is covered in anti-skid material and it works well. Shown here a bit dusty

Before this bag I never heard of Honor Point but after being pleasently surprised by the bag I will be sure to keep an eye out for new releases. If you're looking for a deluxe range bag, look no further. I was able to fit ammo, magazines, eyes, ears, tools, shooting mat, targets, staple gun, cleaning kit and a few other items. No it's not a $40 gym bag but you're expensive rifle and accessories deserve a bit more then a good tossing around.

Only thing I wish there was is a longer version to accommodate a broken down rifle, from 10.5" to 16" would be ideal.

Pros:
-Made in USA with US materials
-Build quality
-Color options
-Plenty of pockets, removable if you'd like
-Premium materials (where most would just ignore)

Gear Whores Anonymous
Admin

http://gearwhoresanonymous.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top